New Ogeechee Missionary Baptist Church
Located in the Burroughs community, this African-American church's property was purchased by former slaves in the 1870s-1880s from the former Wild Heron Plantation land. The church itself was built in 1893 and was listed in the National Register in 2001.
Maridon (AKA: Eureka Club, Farr's Point)
The club house was constructed in 1891 when the only access to Wilmilgton Island was by boat. The property was a part of one of the first subdivisions established on the island and the regular boating services from Thunderbolt were provided.